Friday, 01 June 2012 14:01
AMD has announced that they have put out the Catalyst 12.6 beta drive, and that they are no longer going to provide monthly driver updates. Details are below.
With the release of the AMD Catalystâ„˘ 12.6 Beta driver (â€śCatalystâ€ť), AMD would also like to announce that we are moving away from our Monthly Catalyst release plan. Our goal is to ensure that every Catalyst release delivers a substantial benefit to our end users; as we have today with the release of the Catalyst 12.6a Beta. We will still continue with the Catalyst naming convention; Catalyst: Year.Month. You just wonâ€™t see a new driver every single month. We are confident that this will only benefit the end user; youâ€™ll only need to upgrade to a new Catalyst driver, when it makes sense.
We would also like to announce the introduction of our new AMD Issue Reporting Form. We made a number of improvements to the older Catalyst Crew Feedback form, making it more comprehensive, ensuring high quality feedback. Feedback is very important in every product companyâ€™s life, especially in our fast paced environment. This is not just a check-box for us â€“ we take these reports very seriously. We will review every report posted here and investigate every issue encountered. Please use this form whenever you encounter something worth mentioning.
Resolved issue highlights of the AMD Catalystâ„˘ 12.6 Beta:
- AMD Radeonâ„˘ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFireâ„˘ configurations + Eyefinity BSOD when launching a DirectX application.
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations BSOD when using desktop applications.
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 cards hang when system goes to sleep.
- Tearing on Eyefinity configurations when different display connector types are used.
- Poor Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire scaling seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 (back to CrossFire scaling found in AMD Catalyst 12.3).
- AMD Catalyst Control Center â€“ intermittently missing Overdrive page.
- AMD Catalyst Control Center â€“ missing GPU Activity gauge.
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration â€“ system hang after cinematic in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Crysis 2 -random system hangs when run in DirectX 9 mode.
- Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode.
- Disabled HDMI audio when the connected HDTV is powered Off/On.
Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta:
Dual Graphics enhancements â€“ new application profiles
Download and install the driver from the following location:
For detailed instructions on how to install the driver, please refer to:
Note! This Driver is provided â€śAS ISâ€ť and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.
This article applies to the following configuration(s):
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series