Text Size

Abit

AT8 32X

AT8 32X

Postby pandaz3 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:16 pm

I am still setting up my new Board, I was tired of my adequate, but not stellar ASUS A8N-E, It performed well stock, but had a confusing and contradicting BIOS in my view, and I could not successfully overclock it.

With the 939 hardware disappearing I thought it was time to make a move. I did buy a Abit AT8 32X, I am not using Crossfire, but that option will be available to me in the future. I am having some sound problems with My X-Fi Platinum, but I am confident I will get it going soon (Using XP X64 wit SP2 build 2845)

I am running a Opteron 148, 4 X 512 Corsair XPS PC3200XL, XFX 6800GS, the X-Fi, two Opticals, and a floppy, 250 and 80 Gig Sata drives.

I am very happy with it so far.

I need a better PSU, (Using a 350 W In-Win Powerman right now) I am not concerned with the In-Win's quality as I have had many of them with good results, but the board uses more power with a extra Molex connector to the board, plus additional power to the Video card, sound card plus it's front panel and the case itself has a Molex connector for the front panel
pandaz3

Return to Abit