Text Size

Abit

Any suggestions on a new mobo? Thanks

Any suggestions on a new mobo? Thanks

Postby kranthos » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Hey Guys, about a year ago I built a system with a DFI lanparty NF II Ultra B and have had issues off and on over the last year. But about 3 months ago the problems have increased and its hit and miss whether I'm able to keep the system up or not. Its strange sometimes it will go for a few days and others can't get it up for the life of me. I'm pretty much convinced it has to be this DFI board. The rest of the build went as follows. Barton mobile 2500, 1 gig of Corsair, Radeon 9800 pro, the best thermaltake HS at the time, model # escapes me at the moment. I had built several systems for friends around the same time and used the Abit NF7-S on all of them but had to get fancy with my own and picked up the DFI. All the systems built with the Abit are still running without any problems including one that i built for myself. So my plan was to get another Abit nf7 but they seem to have been discontinued. Is there a board you can recommend that I can use in its place that will work with this memory, cpu and video card so I wouldnt have to replace anything else. It was a sweet system for a while and I'm sure there's still some life in these other pieces. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

John
kranthos

Re: Any suggestions on a new mobo? Thanks

Postby Mechanix » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:28 am

Look on Pricewatch for the Abit, also there's the now equally rare Asus A7N8X-E.
- Mechanix

Mechanix
K7 Athlon XP (Barton) Senior Boarder
K7 Athlon XP (Barton) Senior Boarder

Return to Abit