Text Size

Asus

M4A79T RAID Vista 64bit issues

M4A79T RAID Vista 64bit issues

Postby Ozzyrulez » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey guys, I just built a new rig and its also the first time I've messed with a RAID setup and I'm having issues. First let me put up the system specs.

Phenom II 955 BE (stock speed)
Freezer Pro 64
Asus M4A769T
4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 (still at default 1333)
XFX Radeon 4870 OC
2x WD Caviar Black 640GB RAID 0
1x Super Talent SSD 32GB (alone, main drive)
1x Sony CD/DVD SATA burner
OCZ Steath 700W PSU

Now with that said, I have Vista Ultimate 32/64. I've gone about this several ways but always end up in the same pickle. No matter what I do I cannot install Vista 64 because it cannot find the RAID drivers. It finds the 32bit drivers just fine, I'm actually in Vista 32 as we speak (the machine is blazing fast, 15323 3DMark06, cant wait to OC!!) But it is killing me that I cannot get it to find the 64bit RAID driver.

I've used the Asus CD, I've made a driver disk, I've downloaded the newest driver from Asus, and I've even copied the whole RAID driver folder from the Asus CD to my jump drive. When Windows setup starts it asks for disk drivers. I go into the folders to the Vista 64 folder and it says there is no driver found. However if I select the Vista 32 folder *bam!* it finds it with no issue. It does this no matter what approach I take. Any of you guys have any thoughts on this?
Ozzyrulez
K6-III Fresh Boarder
K6-III Fresh Boarder

Re: M4A79T RAID Vista 64bit issues

Postby Ozzyrulez » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Ok, well I finally got it to recognize the RAID driver to install Vista 64 but that has brought me to bigger and more aggravating problems. It makes it to the first restart then just keeps resetting itself. I've done this so many times now I've tried to go back to Vista 32 and not even it wants to install now... Then again I've been up somewhere in the neighborhood of 38hours so maybe I'm just over looking something. I'll let you guys know if I get it figured out.
Ozzyrulez
K6-III Fresh Boarder
K6-III Fresh Boarder

Re: M4A79T RAID Vista 64bit issues

Postby Ozzyrulez » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Ok, after fighting with it for a few hours I gave up on Vista and installed my copy of Windows 7 Beta 64bit. Windows 7 had absolutely no issues and is running strong @ 3600mhz. Obviously Vista doesn't like my setup or something is wrong with my disk... Glad it was a present, so I'm not out anything, I'll just give it back to my dad, maybe he can use it. Looks like I'll be buying 7 when it comes out!
Ozzyrulez
K6-III Fresh Boarder
K6-III Fresh Boarder

Return to Asus