Text Size

Asus

VGA

VGA

Postby padolosky » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:41 am

How do I record gameplay through a VGA connection? I have an xbox vga cable running to my lcd monitor, but I want to capture my gameplay through my PC, to post on youtube..etc. How would I go about doing this? And I use decently high resolution. I've been searching for vga capture cards, but they are too expensive. Is therea simply way to do this without the headache of buying multiple items, or spending over 100 dollars?
padolosky

Re: VGA

Postby Pietro sk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:09 am

camera aimed at tv...... :mrgreen:

#################################
or:
vga has RGB inside, with "DIY" and capture card ({dvd,...} recorder input)

ImageImage
http://tacashi.tripod.com/elctrncs/vga2tv/vga2tv.htm
The famous intel lawsuit Image Moron is playing VIDEO-game
Not biased Cinebench ? Think again ... They say it´s "finetuned" for intel CPU´s .. Image
Pietro sk
K8 Athlon 64 X2 (Windsor) Elite Boarder
K8 Athlon 64 X2 (Windsor) Elite Boarder

Re: VGA

Postby skrubol » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Very few capture cards can do RGBHV. And AFAIK you wouldn't want to spend the money for one that does. Your cheapest method is going to be to use a plain old TV tuner or capture card and use the S-Video output of the Xbox to capture SD (which is fine for youtube and the like.) If you really want HD, you'll need a component or HDMI capture card. The Avertv HD card is $70-80 and can capture either. It only does 720p or 1080i, but I don't think the X360 can render at 1080p anyway. I guess your CPU needs to be pretty powerful to capture with that card as it has no hardware compression.
I believe when running into a capture card like that, you can put the video through to your computer monitor, it'll just be pretty lagged.
skrubol
K8 Athlon 64 X2 (Manchester) Elite Boarder
K8 Athlon 64 X2 (Manchester) Elite Boarder

Return to Asus