Forum Rules (In Progress):
1. Recognize that the 1st Amendment does not apply in the forums. Users will be required to follow set guidelines in order to participate here.
2. No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
3. Leave controversial/debate topics to "The Podium" forum.
4. Excessive flaming will not be tolerated, nor will personal and ad hominem attacks. Name calling does not convey maturity and is best left behind in grade school. Moderator judgment will apply here.
5. No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material is to be posted on the forums. This is not the place for that. If you must do this, find a more appropriate site.
6. No swearing in forum topic threads, and please try to keep swearing in general to a minimum.
7. No posting links or requests for warez/contraband/drugs.
8. Absolutely no calls for violence against any person or group. This includes phrases like ?Hippies should be tied to trees and shot? and ?torture fantasy? of a particular group or set of individuals. This does NOT include the support of military forces, but it would include support of genocidal attacks.
9. Keep your topics in the right forums. If it?s about Windows, it goes in the OS forum, if it?s about the nForce then post it in the nVidia chipset forum, etc. If you make a mistake you are more than welcome to contact a moderator who can move the topic for you. Please also note that moderators reserve the right to move a thread without notice.
10. No malicious HTML. Any user who attempts to ?break? the forums in any way by inserting code into topic or subject fields will be banned.
11. If you are having a personal conflict with another forum user, try to resolve the problem 'offline' by using PMs or e-mail. Only as a last resort contact a mod or admin. If you do, try to have a record of all malicious content.
12 , No political avatars, or signatures
13 . No free advertisements for commercial sites in signatures, or posts that are just meant for advertising commercial sites
Also a few rules about your user account... these are mainly common sense...
1. Account names must be original and not blatant rip-offs of other forum user?s names. You will be hunted like a witch and crucified for this offense.
2. Account names must be appropriate for public viewing and non-derogatory.
3. If a user uploads his/her own avatar, make sure it does not violate the forum rules regarding sexually explicit material/objectifying material.
4. Inquiries about your account should be sent to a moderator/admin.
5. Signatures that have links to businesses will have their account deleted. This will be up to the discretion of the mod/admin so if you have any questions about your signature contact a mod/admin first before adding a sig to your account.